Kate is working away at getting her site self hosted so she can make this lovely “Top Friday,” of hers a link up. Sending her all the good luck vibes and hoping the transition is going smoothly! Whether or not there is a link up, I was really looking forward to joining in the Top 3 fun again this week. I’m also linking up with the lovely Heather.
Top 3 Eats:
2. Falafel Salad from work. Our homemade falafel balls that are made on site mixed in with the best homemade hummus I’ve ever had and a homemade dill mayo with pickles and lotsa veg.
3. Totally unpictured Chicken Taco Salad Bowl from Taco Time – eaten the utmost messily in the car on the way home from my day in the city with mom. It was in one of those massive edible fried tortilla bowls. 1) What’s better than being able to eat your salad AND your bowl 2) Those things are delicious.
Top 3 Highs:
2) A whole day date with my Mom. I had an appointment in Winnipeg (2 hours away from my town) – so we made a road trip day out of it by doing some shopping, going out for lunch etc. We stopped for an afternoon latte and just talked about everything.
3) Feeling really safe with my new therapist and nutritionist.
Top 3 Lows:
1.Not exercising and the sadness that arose when I chose to go to a very basic yoga class instead of to the gym.
2. Figuring out eating at work. I need to get more used to my job so I can figure out when and how I can eat my meals. You know when you are new, and no matter how lovely and chill your manager/co-workers are, you just don’t want to do anything even remotely “wrong” or weird? Even though I know they are cool with eating “as you go” while it’s not busy, I still feel super guilty doing so. I’ve been eating my breakfast this way – standing up – which is just not ideal, plus that underlying anxiety of getting in trouble or something sucks. And, being a restaurant, you can’t take a break between 12 and 2 so my “lunch” ends up being at 2:30 and then I don’t get in an afternoon snack. It is so bloody easy for my ED to take advantage of all these opportunities to not have enough.
Whistle Breakfast while I work
3. A triggering comment from my Dad. Of course he just doesn’t understand – and doesn’t get what not to say to someone with an Eating Disorder – but its hard not to feel resentment and disappointment.
Top 3 (4) Instagrams and Reads:
This is what was written beneath the picture:
She Let Go
She let go. Without a thought or a word, she let go.
She let go of fear. She let go of the judgements.
She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head.
She let go of the committee of indecision within her.
She let go of all the ‘right’ reaons. Wholly and completely
Without hesitation or worry, she just let go.
She didn’t ask anyone for advice. She didn’t read a
book on how to let go…She didn’t search the scriptures.
She just let go.
She let go of all the memories that held her back.
She let go of all the anxiety that kept her from moving forward.
She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it
She didn’t promise to let go.
She didn’t journal about it.
She didn’t write the projected date in her day-timer.
She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper.
She didn’t check the weather report or read her daily horoscope.
She just let go.
She didn’t analyse whether she should let go.
She didn’t call her friends to discuss the matter.
She didn’t do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment.
She didn’t cal the prayer line.
She didn’t utter one word.
She just let go.
No one was around when it happened.
There was no applause or congratulations.
No one thanked her or praised her.
No one noticed a thing.
A small smile came over her face.
A light breeze blew through her.
And the sun and the moon shone forever.
Rev. Saffire Rose.
3. Sparkly polar bear poo shines a light on research at Winnipeg Zoo. Speaking of SPARKLES!!! Didn’t I tell you glitter fixes everything?
4. . Why Self-Compasson Works Better Than Self-Esteem. Very interesting insight on the dangers of self-esteem, and the difference between self esteem and self compassion
Have a fabulous weekend everyone. You better come back on Monday and tell me you did something damn nice for yourself.
What are you excited for this weekend?
What color of glitter would you choose to be in YOUR poo!?!