I hope this Monday finds you well and that your past week was higher on the pleasant vs non-pleasant side.
I had a pretty nice week. It had some very interesting events within it, but through them, I retained a nice – almost new – underlying current of peaceful energy. No doubt I am still charged from my visit with parents last week, but this time it seems the shift went to a new place. I may need to do some more thinking on it later this week, but for now, I’d like to link up with Meg to see the accomplishments I made last week. I feel proud of the little things I got myself to do, so here is to me (and you) and my (our) continual growth. *clink!*
• I started the week on the right
foot bum cheek with some serious relaxation with my family before they had to take off. I stayed in their condo Air B&B all day, getting some work done and catching up on blogs. The only jaunt out I took was to grab a latte and put in some wash at my apartment. Otherwise, this image filled my inner smile so very much.
• Did above mentioned laundry, and even put it all away.
• Finished and handed in a paper on speaking in a northern irish accent. Word of advice: don’t work around other people when you are trying to sort out vowel shifts and diphthong adjustments. You will look crazy.
• Finished the first week of table work for my next (and last) two productions of the year. I am very lucky to have been cast in both productions, whereas the expectation (and reality for most) was to be just cast in one. It does mean a much larger time commitment, but I am thankful to be able to have both experiences.
• I got coffee with an agent who, as per my invitation, came to see my show the previous week.
• I also emailed a very
intimidating reputable agent who I saw had come to see my show (she reps my director), yet who I almost did not contact because of that voice inside saying “what’s the point? You contacting her is a joke. You aren’t anywhere near what she would have interest in.” But I sought out her email, she responded, and even though I may not fit into her agency right now, I made it very clear that I am not going anywhere and that I am determined in my career. She put it upon herself to offer to meet up for a chat, which is very kind of her.
• I went to my very first Opera!! After all these years, I still had never been to one – nor had Dan. We both had had it on our life bucket lists for a while now, so for Christmas I bought us two tickets to see The Magic Flute at the Canadian Opera Company. It was so lavish!! Definitely the highest spectacle piece of theatre I’ve seen. And the building. Oh my gosh. Five orchestra platforms, glass staircases… let’s just say these two poor hippies felt quite le fancy.
• Before the show, Dan and I tried a new falafel restaurant. Good to know we kept up with our level of class for at least half the evening.
• I have a big ass log of goat cheese and two massive, perfectly ripe avocados in my fridge, so I made very good use of each through the week.
The return of the crack salad
• Oh, I finally ground some peppercorns to refill my pepper shaker. Pat on back!!
• I went to Guelph to spend the night with Dan, where we ordered pizza and I tried my first “mead” – a fermented honey beverage, similar to beer (8% alc). I loved it.
• After eating half the pizza – no exaggeration – I promptly fell asleep and was out cold for TWELVE hours. I’m not sure what was up. I was exhausted. And starving, apparently. I know I had had a lot of thoughts brewing in me throughout the week – I was feeling pretty hurt about a few things, but not talking about them – so I think they were just burning me out without realizing it.
Custom make: caramelized onions, mushrooms, broccoli, green pepper, sundried tomatoes, feta
• Went out for brunch and had a big, rather hard, conversation with Dan about those things that had been weighing heavily on my mind. I felt much more myself afterwards, so I know this was a main cause of my exhaustion. You gotta talk out the toxins.
• I got together with my two best girlfriends, who I hardly ever see even though we now live minutes away from each other, to watch the Oscars and drink wine out of plastic cups #class. I haven’t felt like a very good friend lately, so this was long over due. I got to see my girls AND my beloved Oscars.
Edit to add: Well wasn’t than an ending!! #mostawkwardmomentever?Week In Review with @cleaneatsfastfeets. Opera, Pizza, Relaxation and talking out those mental… Click To Tweet
Have you ever seen an Opera?
What do you feel proud of from last week?
Do mental thoughts ever exhaust you?
Hi friends, I’m back with my Week In Review this week. Not sure…
My journey with hypothalamic amenorrhea continues. My journey recovering from an eating disorder……